DB1 System Wiring Diagram
I started building a system wiring diagram to make connecting the PCBs easier. I went through the documents/schematics for each board and captured all the connectors and signal names. First thing I notices is there are a few connectors in the schematics that are not listed in the PCB document. There are other connectors where it isn’t clear what they connect too. The specific issues I have are below. I am also including a PDF version of the wiring diagram. The issues are in blue text in the PDF document. Also, I would appreciate a second set of eyes looking over the connections – I am sure there are a few mistakes.
IO Distribution Board Rev 2.0 02/20/2020
- Document does not address the connection for I2C-CH7 (J8) and EXT I2C (J9)
- In the MEGA Shield documentation (pg4) is states that J6 (SPI Bus) connects to the Pi 4B
- Does J6 connect to the individual GPIO pins on the Pi?
- I looked at the Pi 4 datasheet and I can find multiple MISO and MOSI signals, but I cannot find a pin labeled SCK or SS. There are several clock signals just not sure which is the right one.
- Document does not identify the connection for the J1 I2C_Dupont, nor does it say the connector is unused like J3.
DB1 Motor Controller Board – REV 2.1.1 05/05/2020
- COM-L (J3) and COM-R (J6): The document states that this connector is “for the ATMega328 microcontroller that controls the left/right motor”, but there is no information on what the connector actually connects too.
DB1 IO Distribution J7 and Motor Controller J7
- These two are connected, but the signal names between these two connectors is different. Just want to verify the pin-to-pin connections are correct. Signal names should be consistent – should we be using one over the other?
IO Distribution J7 Motor Controller J7
Pin 1 – GND Pin 1 – GND
Pin 2 – Emergency Stop CH0 Pin 2 – Emergency Stop Line 4
Pin 3 – Emergency Stop CH1 Pin 2 – Emergency Stop Line 3
Pin 4 – Emergency Stop CH2 Pin 2 – Emergency Stop Line 2
Pin 1 – Emergency Stop CH3 Pin 2 – Emergency Stop Line 1
DB1 IO Distribution
- J8 and J9 are not covered in the documentation. What do they connect too?