Clear all

Need help read RFID T5577 card

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
BlackGhost
(@blackghost)
Topic starter  

I work in a project that required to read this type of cards however i didn't find way to read it.

Here is what i tried tell now:-

PN532 NFC Precise RFID IC Card Reader Module,

NXP PN532 NFC RFID Module,

RFID 125K Card Reader UART Serial,

RC522 RFID Card Reader Module.

All that without any luck.

This topic was modified 3 years ago by BlackGhost

(@dronebot-workshop)
Workshop Guru Admin

You might want to check out this video by our good friend with the Swiss accent, might prove insightful.

Andreas uses the same card and the RC522 board that you mentioned, so he managed to get it to work.

😎

Bill

"Never trust a computer you can’t throw out a window." — Steve Wozniak

ReplyQuote
BlackGhost
(@blackghost)
Topic starter  

@dronebot-workshop

Thank you for replay

I did try that with no luck

I'm 100% the card work because it open the door but i didn't find any reader can read it i don't no why.

here is the device they use to encode the cards

http://www.newgoldbond.com/product/hune-accessories-h-rf9-drrf6-temic/

IMG 20210603 WA0001

ReplyQuote
(@davee)

@blackghost Hi,

This is not my field, but clearly there are many different types of card, and they use different frequencies, encoding systems, etc.  ...

The reference you include appears to be for a Temic card.

RC522, which you listed as one you tried, appears to work at 13.56 MHz.

but the first thing Google found for Temic says:

https://  www.acslocks.com/temic-rfid-card-door-lock-for-hotel-rooms/     (Remove spaces added after // to look it up.)

TEMIC RFID card door lock uses TEMIC technology and use TEMIC cards as door opening methods.
TEMIC card is a low-cost, readable, and writable radio frequency IC card. The card only has encryption control for write operations. It is a kind of RF card, working frequency 125kHz, can be encrypted, 224 bits can read and write EEPROM, divided into seven blocks of 32 bits each, unique 64-bit serial number

So clearly, RC522 is not going to be able read a Temic card that is expecting to work at 125kHz.

(Sorry, I have no idea if any of the others you tried are a closer match, but since these cards are usually used for security, it seems likely many companies would deliberately aim to be non-compatible - think of mechanical keys and locks --- nearly all work on the same principle - but they need to be different to be of any use in limiting access.)

I am not clear what you are trying to achieve, but clearly you need to start by matching the hardware technology that you wish to read/write your card, with the technology of the card itself.

Mismatching the frequency will guarantee failure. However, just getting the frequency right, will still end in failure if the protocols, etc. do not match.

Sorry, but I think you need to do some fundamental research and match everything together.

Good luck in your quest!!

ReplyQuote