Notifications
Clear all

Nano rp2040 connect native usb functionality?

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@troles)
Topic starter  

I need to run a simple sketch that basically uses this board with some buttons to “simulate “ a keyboard ( it will be a controller pendant for a CNC machine). I know someone who made scotch work on a Pro Mini.   I tried on an original plain nano and didn’t work. Says the library I need, keyboard.h, doesn’t work.  Apparently this is because the original nano doesn’t have “native usb functionality”. Does the nano rp2040 connect have native usb functionality and will it run this library?   

Topic Tags
(@troles)
Topic starter  

Typo in my initial question...I meant to say “I know someone who made SCETCH work on a Pro MICRO”

ReplyQuote
(@activ8me)

@troles 

Interesting. 

I am using the Nano RP2040 Connect a lot, but I find that as soon as one wants to do something a bit special/advanced with it, information is scarce.

I also tried to use native USB HMI for a custom keyboard. As far as I understand, the Nano RP2040 Connect board does not offer that possibility - but I might be wrong.

Maybe other people have better information on this?

Overall what I sometimes find a bit frustrating as that on one side it is an advantage to use the latest boards as they offer new features, connectivity, AI(?) etc - but one often struggles with getting good information, with finding libraries that work. 

ReplyQuote
Will
 Will
(@will)

@activ8me @troles

I found this quite helpful, maybe you will too ...

https://docs.arduino.cc/tutorials/nano-rp2040-connect/rp2040-01-technical-reference

Anything seems possible when you don't know what you're talking about.

ReplyQuote
(@activ8me)

@Will

I agree, this is a useful documentation. 

As to native USB and HMI, I haven't found anything in there either.

ReplyQuote
(@troles)
Topic starter  

Thanks Will and Activ8me.  I did read that article will, and there was some hope towards the bottom.  I ended up just getting the arduino pro micro, which does allow for HID and it to be used as usb and make a keyboard, etc.   So I have been working on that.  It is a finicky board, and I have locked it up 2 times in programing, but that is a common problem and I found the "double reset" work around on it.  Also, best to run it as a sparkfun, instead of the leonardo on the arduino IDE. Thanks again for your comments.  

ReplyQuote