Notifications
Clear all

How to confirm that 433MHz Tx module actually transmits...

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@z_talents)
Topic starter  

Hi

I was going thru existing video on "Using Inexpensive 433MHz Transmit and Receive Modules with Arduino". While trying with exactly the same code & circuit I am not sure why the communication is not happening. Is there a way to confirm that Transmitter module is actually transmitting.... The distance between Tx & Rx modules with suggested antenna wire is small -say around 1 cm. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

jBo
 jBo
(@jbo)

Hi,

I saw the video earlier, but have only very recently decided to do this experiment myself. I ordered parts, and since they're very cheap I ordered several sets.

One thing I would try is to replicate the receiver setup. This means another breadboard, power, USB cable (or other source of power), another Uno or Nano, another 433 MHz receiver board. Sometimes, for me, just the process of setting all this up is enough to remind me of something I forgot in my original set up. Try this, see if it works.

Next, try swapping out components, one at a time. Do not assume anything is good until you've tested it. Some are easier to test than others, of course, I realize that.

To test the Arduino itself, run Blink or some other easy sketch so you know the microcontroller is at least basically functional. 

Speaking of blinking, add a small blink to the end of the loop of your radio transmit sketch. Just put the builtin LED on for 20 milliseconds or so, then off. This, plus the messages to the serial monitor on the same Arduino, should let you know at least your loop is executing. Actually, you might already see a rapidly flashing LED on the transmit module and receive module; I don't know, since mine have not arrived yet.

Good luck!

In theory, theory and practice are the same.
In practice, they're different.

ReplyQuote