Extend range btween rc522 RFID reader and the arduino

26 Posts
5 Users
1 Likes
BlackGhost
(@blackghost)
Topic starter  

@will

one for the door and one for the electricity the idea her is you need to access the room with the card after that you will but your access card in side box in the room to allow use of electricity when you leave you will take you card back witch lead to power off the room automatically

ReplyQuote
Will
 Will
(@will)

@blackghost

Ok, I understand now, thanks for explaining that.

Anything seems possible when you don't know what you're talking about.

ReplyQuote
(@lydara)

Check the Building Codes.  This (removing control of electricity) may not be allowed.

ReplyQuote
BlackGhost
(@blackghost)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @lydara

Check the Building Codes.  This (removing control of electricity) may not be allowed.

What you mean?!!

ReplyQuote
Will
 Will
(@will)

@blackghost

From Wikipedia ...

A building code (also building control or building regulations) is a set of rules that specify the standards for constructed objects such as buildings and nonbuilding structures. Buildings must conform to the code to obtain planning permission, usually from a local council. The main purpose of building codes is to protect public health, safety and general welfare as they relate to the construction and occupancy of buildings and structures. The building code becomes law of a particular jurisdiction when formally enacted by the appropriate governmental or private authority.

What LydaRA is saying is that your local Building Code (if you have one) may not allow changing the control of electrical power. This should be because of built-in safety measures like emergency lighting, fire detection and/or suppression etc. You should check to verify that your intended change(s) won't conflict with any such rules.

LydaRA reacted
ReplyQuote
BlackGhost
(@blackghost)
Topic starter  

@will

We don't have something like that here in Egypt 🙂

ReplyQuote
Will
 Will
(@will)

@blackghost

Really ? OK.

ReplyQuote
(@lydara)

Posted by: @blackghost

@will

Wow.  Here in the U.S., we have very strict rules about how many inches from the door a light switch must be, etc... 

The other thing I'd be curious of is if RFID will do what you want.  I've seen multiple cards too close together "jam" the reader.  I carry access cards for several buildings in my wallet, and sometimes have to take out the one I need to get it to work.  Having a basket of ten cards in front of your reader....may get multiple cards energized to respond, giving you too much "RFI."

ReplyQuote
BlackGhost
(@blackghost)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @lydara
Posted by: @blackghost

@will

Wow.  Here in the U.S., we have very strict rules about how many inches from the door a light switch must be, etc... 

The other thing I'd be curious of is if RFID will do what you want.  I've seen multiple cards too close together "jam" the reader.  I carry access cards for several buildings in my wallet, and sometimes have to take out the one I need to get it to work.  Having a basket of ten cards in front of your reader....may get multiple cards energized to respond, giving you too much "RFI."

We have no safety rules or any thing like that in Egypt about building .

About my project the main idea here is you must get your key out from your wallet so you can leave it in the box in side the room so you can use the electricity otherwise you will have no electricity and you must teak it when you leave the room or you will can't enter it again 😉

ReplyQuote
(@lydara)

@blackghost  I think I understand your intent.  Seems quite "green" and responsible for power usage.  However again, my concern is that the reader will fail to "see" a valid read o any of the cards stacked up in your basket of room occupants.  While there is just one card in the basket, no problem.  But once there is a second card in the basket with the first, they will _both_ try to respond to the reader!  Think of how unintelligible the conversation gets when two or three people try talking over each other at the same time.

ReplyQuote
BlackGhost
(@blackghost)
Topic starter  

ahhh i get what you mean however the room will only be used by one person only so no problem in that and if this person forget his card in the room i will disable it throw the database

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2