Notifications
Clear all

Burn bootloader to ATMega328P-PU with an Arduino Uno

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@hatzisn)
Topic starter  

This is by 98% a tutorial and by 2% a question. The PDF file in the link contains some notes for me I devised from a lot of tutorials on how to burn a bootloader to a ATMEGA328P-PU wired on a breadboard from an Arduino Uno with SMD microprocessor (f.e. Geekcreit Arduino Uno from Banggood) which cannot be removed. 

In order to understand the tutorial you will have to replace the "Non Working Arduino" with the ATMEGA328P-PU Circuit (2nd page/3d picture) and connect the proper pins 10,11,12,13 of the "Working Arduino" (with 1,17,18,19 pins respectively of the ATMEGA328P-PU microcontroller - in 2nd page/2nd picture). Thus from the 2nd page/3d picture you will have to remove the connection of Pin 1 of microcontroller to the Vcc through the resistor and connect it to Pin 10 of the Arduino Uno (please someone verify this last sentence and let me know).

My question is the following: In 1st Page/2nd picture the grey cable that connects the Gnd with RESET in the working Arduino is a single cable or it is connected through something? It was not clear in the tutorial and in fact it was not mentioned at all. Does anyone have this required knowledge to make this tutorial a 100% tutorial.

Please verify the Green sentence and answer the orange one.

Here is the PDF:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/94izfx0yy2wyqtl/Burn%20Arduino%20Bootloader%20to%20ATMEGA328P.pdf?dl=0

Thanks in advance

codecage
(@codecage)
Member Admin

@hatzisn

Your post was sent to the moderation folder since it had a link in it and was also your first post.  I have gone ahead and "approved" it, but I must say it seems a bit confusing to me and I have already done some work along these lines while programming some of the non "P" models of the ATMEGA328.   I would have to study your document more closely than I have at the moment and then compare it to my own notes.  In the interest of not delaying your post and to give others a chance to way in it has now been approved.

I was having trouble going back and forth between the document and the green and orange sentences, but maybe others will be more successful

SteveG

ReplyQuote