Got the enclosure mounted. I tried the unit with the external just dangling out the front without a cover. I got what I felt was good range. It will connect as I turn in the driveway. Rather than try various orientations, I just drilled a small hole out the bottom and installed the external antenna. I consider the project a success as I can now work with the door and light from the phone, tablet, fobs or the original physical switches inside the building. With this success behind me, my next project is to upgrade the similar arrangement for a different building. That one has two openers but lights are not involved. This should actually be easy as the sketch is just a modification of the other one. I’m waiting on an ESP32 with external antenna only. I have not been successful in moving the jumper on those boards that allow internal or external antennas.