Clear all

[Closed] Oscilloscope

19 Posts
8 Users
5 Likes
(@anibal)
Topic starter  

@zeferby

Yes, the oscilloscope is such a useful instrument that it would leave a very large hole in the selection of must have tools. If you want to learn Electronics one needs to get into the intricacies of circuit behavior. Fundamental to that is the mastering of the oscilloscope with all it has to offer. This would be an outstanding platform given the variety of projects, subjects and components used. 2, 3 or more videos on the subject may be needed if the beginner, intermediate and advance use is considered.

Anibal 

(@pugwash)
Sorcerers' Apprentice

@anibal

Once you have mastered the functions of one of these (now residing in the attic, awaiting its doom on eBay):

emily

Then and only then, should you try your hand at one of these:

737 IMG4224

As a first entry level video on oscilloscopes, I believe that only the functions that are common to both of the above scopes should be covered!

(@anibal)
Topic starter  

Thank you Pugwash,

yes I’m totally in agreement. I started out with the Rigol 1102E and it’s the only one I have. I have intentions of taking my training in electronics to new and unexplored levels. My background is scientific and my career  covers 40 years in a field which is multi disciplinary. My career continues after 40 years post retirement in archeology. I have expanded into DNA studies and conservation and thus I have many ideas and concerns to bring to the table. This is why I want to learn the basic and intricate behavior of circuits and the components that create them. The oscilloscope is only one of those instruments. I do indeed Bill drinks in a structured set of article and video on the subject.

Best,

Anibal 

(@dronebot-workshop)
Workshop Guru Admin

Well, I think it's a given that this would be a popular topic. I can see it being at least two pieces of content:

• Do you actually need an oscilloscope?
  • Oscilloscope basics

These are just "working titles" of course, and not necessarily in order.

I already said I'd accept this and just wanted more input, which you've all very kindly provided. I'm moving this to the Accepted Content forum now and, more importantly. will put it into Trello, which is how I plan my content.

Thank you, everyone, for your suggestions!

?

Bill

"Never trust a computer you can’t throw out a window." — Steve Wozniak

Page 2 / 2