Notifications
Clear all

Fusion 360 and Your Design Projects

4 Posts
4 Users
2 Likes
(@caseman)
Topic starter  

Everyone who wants to create a printable .stl file should review the Fusion 360 program from AutoDesk.  It is free for hobbyists so there are no subscription charges.  Also, there are many quality videos on YouTube for those getting started (Lars Christensen, Paul McWhorter).  It does require a computer with some power but operates well with Windows 10.  The downside of this program is its steep learning curve but the end result is worth the effort.

triform
(@triform)

Posted by: @empress

Everyone who wants to create a printable .stl file should review the Fusion 360 program from AutoDesk.  It is free for hobbyists so there are no subscription charges.  Also, there are many quality videos on YouTube for those getting started (Lars Christensen, Paul McWhorter).  It does require a computer with some power but operates well with Windows 10.  The downside of this program is its steep learning curve but the end result is worth the effort.

I have been trying to get myself to use it for my 3d print designs, but get lazy and do it in Tinkercad.  I have used it some for my CNC machine, as it's a little less to know there, but again may end back up in TC and/or Easel. 

Thanks!

ReplyQuote
Christine86
(@christine86)

Hey guys;

I started using Fusion 360 towards the end of last year. I can certainly attest to it being a STEEP learning curve, & it does DEFINITELY require a commitment to get up & running(plus a computer with a good graphics capability. Some of my projects are up on #Thigiverse at https://www.thingiverse.com/christine86/designs.

I would recommend taking the plunge, as you learn the ropes, you find you can get really complicated designs by using patterns & planes. I haven't used Tinkercad, so can't give a comparison as to it's difference to that.

I've just uploaded some pictures of my design in the 'help' section here, && Fusion 360 has been the EASY part of my battery charging project 😜

Top Case with 15mm insertion complete

Christine

JoeLyddon reacted
ReplyQuote
JoeLyddon
(@joelyddon)

@christine86

I'm glad you're getting along with Fusion 360...

I have tried, tried, and TRIED...  Everytime, it seems, I go there and get LOST...  things that are supposed to happen, don't...  One frustration after another...  I have managed to design some Super Simple things, like coasters / glass covers...  and some simple boxes which I have glued together to get my final result; trying to get them all together on Fusion 360 was nothing but another FRUSTRATING experience!

Then, when I think I'm 'getting it', they come out with another Release which turns me upside down again!

Frustrating is my almost TOTAL experience with it...

Someday, I hope I will 'see the light'... until then, I remain in the dark...

I have learned and taught many computer programming languages without any problems...  F360 takes the cake!

That looks like a cool charging box...  I will have to check Thingiverse...  I have found many items there that I have 3D Printed and have had a BALL doing it...  It's a very good source...

I thought you were doing pretty well on your Project...  That big Sketch doesn't really Work yet?

Happy HAPPY 4th!

Thank you

Have Fun,
Joe Lyddon

www.woodworkstuff.net

Christine86 reacted
ReplyQuote