Notifications
Clear all

Arduino GIGA R1 WiFi

26 Posts
7 Users
2 Likes
ElectricRay1981
(@electricray1981)

This surely looks like a awesome uC, I had a look here at the Netherlands and they sell it for about 100eu. But nowadays a RPI4 goes for about 80eu as well. And last friday I bought a NVIDIA Jetson for a (don;t get shocked) 200eu. I think this has all to do with the current demand for chips or so cause the prices are sky high.

Nevertheless nice video!

Grtz,
Ray

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)
Father of a miniature Wookie

@dronebot-workshop WHERE is the announcement/waiting list?

First computer 1959. Retired from my own computer company 2004.
Hardware - Expert in 1401, and 360, fairly knowledge in PC plus numerous MPU's and MCU's
Major Languages - Machine language, 360 Macro Assembler, Intel Assembler, PL/I and PL1, Pascal, Basic, C plus numerous job control and scripting languages.
Sure you can learn to be a programmer, it will take the same amount of time for me to learn to be a Doctor.

ReplyQuote
Will
 Will
(@will)

@zander 

By the way, congratulations on attaining the rank of "Illustrious Member" which I just noticed.

Anything seems possible when you don't know what you're talking about.

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)

@will Ok, do I get a cookie?

Hardware - Expert in 1401, and 360, fairly knowledge in PC plus numerous MPU's and MCU's
Major Languages - Machine language, 360 Macro Assembler, Intel Assembler, PL/I and PL1, Pascal, Basic, C plus numerous job control and scripting languages.
Sure you can learn to be a programmer, it will take the same amount of time for me to learn to be a Doctor.

ReplyQuote
Will
 Will
(@will)

Posted by: @zander

@will Ok, do I get a cookie?

Not from me, I'm saving up for a GIGA 🙂

Anything seems possible when you don't know what you're talking about.

ReplyQuote
(@dronebot-workshop)
Workshop Guru Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @zander

@dronebot-workshop WHERE is the announcement/waiting list?

On the Arduino Blog, it's where Arduino makes all of their announcements.

😎

Bill

"Never trust a computer you can’t throw out a window." — Steve Wozniak

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)

@dronebot-workshop Sorry, I hardly ever look at the site and certainly not the blog. Too much stuff, not enough time. Soon to have a lot less time once I get my dog and ATV.

ReplyQuote
KDLaun
(@kdlaun)

Wondering of someone could provide some suggestions. So far, I've been unable to connect my Giga R1 to my 64-bit Windows 7 workshop computer. After installing the board from the Boards manager, the COM port is not showing up correctly in Windows. The Device Manager shows it as "Other devices / Giga" (with a yellow exclamation mark) and reports no driver installed.

Tried both the v1.8.19 and 2.04 IDEs, uninstalling/installing a few times, different USB ports, searching for new hardware. Works fine on my office Windows 10 computer, but that's not the one I use in my workshop.

GigaFU

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)

@kdlaun Just a wild guess, but maybe it's a new device, and Win 7 is ancient. Just upgrade to Win 11 and that should fix it.

ReplyQuote
KDLaun
(@kdlaun)

Yes, I'm painfully aware of that. Plans for a new machine and bigger monitor are in the future, but for now, I'm trying to avoid a 75m trip between the house and the shop every time I need to change code.

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)

@kdlaun Have you tried to copy the driver from the working PC to the not working?

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2