Clear all

ESP32-CAM MicroSD Card - Saving images with the ESP32-Cam

6 Posts
3 Users
2 Likes
(@dronebot-workshop)
Workshop Guru Admin
Topic starter  

Learn to use the MicroSD card on the ESP32-CAM to store photos. We’ll also build a motion-sensitive and time-lapse camera.

Article with code: https://dronebotworkshop.com/esp32-cam-microsd
The ESP32-CAM is an amazing little module, especially when you consider how inexpensive it is. With all the power of the 32-bit ESP32 combined with a 2MP camera, this board has a lot of practical applications.

It also has a MicroSD card slot, and today we will learn how to use this to store images on a MicroSD card.

We’ll examine how the ESP32 works with both the camera and the MicroSD card, and then we’ll build a simple camera. After that, we’ll turn our camera into a motion-sensitive camera, and then we’ll write some code to build a time-lapse camera.

Here is the Table of Contents for today's video:

00:00 - Introduction
01:26 - ESP32-CAM MicroSD Card
07:22 - Using the Camera and MicroSD Card
12:09 - Simple Camera
22:16 - Motion-Sensitive Camera
27:29 - Time-Lapse Camera
33:07 - Conclusion

I hope you enjoy the video!

😎

Bill

"Never trust a computer you can’t throw out a window." — Steve Wozniak

Ron reacted
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)
Father of a miniature Wookie

I haven't seen the video yet, I have one set up in my RV basement but it's set up as a streamer. I also want to build some game cameras, do you think it's possible to use WiFi to make the camera send me the pictures on the card when I ask it nicely and am close enough of course. Maybe even a previewer and then click send or delete.

First computer 1959. Retired from my own computer company 2004.
Hardware - Expert in 1401, and 360, fairly knowledge in PC plus numerous MPU's and MCU's
Major Languages - Machine language, 360 Macro Assembler, Intel Assembler, PL/I and PL1, Pascal, Basic, C plus numerous job control and scripting languages.
Sure you can learn to be a programmer, it will take the same amount of time for me to learn to be a Doctor.

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)

@dronebot-workshop Do you have a link to a MAC version of the SmartDisk software, I can't find it.

Hardware - Expert in 1401, and 360, fairly knowledge in PC plus numerous MPU's and MCU's
Major Languages - Machine language, 360 Macro Assembler, Intel Assembler, PL/I and PL1, Pascal, Basic, C plus numerous job control and scripting languages.
Sure you can learn to be a programmer, it will take the same amount of time for me to learn to be a Doctor.

ReplyQuote
Will
 Will
(@will)

@zander 

Is this what you're looking for ? ...

https://smartdisk.org/en/

Anything seems possible when you don't know what you're talking about.

ReplyQuote
(@dronebot-workshop)
Workshop Guru Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @zander

@dronebot-workshop Do you have a link to a MAC version of the SmartDisk software, I can't find it.

Sorry, it's only available for Windows as far as I know.

Posted by: @will

Is this what you're looking for ? .

No, that's a completely different product.

😎

Bill

"Never trust a computer you can’t throw out a window." — Steve Wozniak

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)

@dronebot-workshop Ok, I also have a Windows 11 under Parallels so I can fire it up to do any formatting.

I just tried the Mac Disk Utility and it formatted it FAT32 at 31.9GB so I am good!

frogandtoad reacted
ReplyQuote