Notifications
Clear all

Arduino IDE 2.0

32 Posts
12 Users
5 Likes
(@sj_h1)

I am having issues with the serial port. It will load just fine and then without removing anything it will fail to load the 2nd time. Sometimes I have to try 5-6 times. Sometimes I have to leave the IDE ane return for it to work again. The serial monitor almost always fails on the 1st try, but starts to work after the 2nd try.

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)
Father of a miniature Wookie

@sj_h1 Baud rate. If it isn't right it will look weird.

First computer 1959. Retired from my own computer company 2004.
Hardware - Expert in 1401, and 360, fairly knowledge in PC plus numerous MPU's and MCU's
Major Languages - Machine language, 360 Macro Assembler, Intel Assembler, PL/I and PL1, Pascal, Basic, C plus numerous job control and scripting languages.
Sure you can learn to be a programmer, it will take the same amount of time for me to learn to be a Doctor.

ReplyQuote
henrik_t7
(@henrik_t7)

Hi

super good video about the new Arduino IDE 2.0 but I get this error almost every time I need to upload to my Arduino UNO.

fejl

Thanks

ReplyQuote
Inst-Tech
(@inst-tech)

@henrik_t7, Hi, and welcome to the forum..

It maybe thatnyour plugging and unplugging your Arduino Uno from the USB port with out safely ejecting the device in the "Safely Remove Hardware and remove media" icon if your using a windows OS

What you can do is, restart your computer, and this will reset your USB ports.. then plug in your board.. see if that helps..

Regards,

LouisR

LouisR

ReplyQuote
(@sj_h1)

@ronalex4203 No it isn't the baud rate. It errors out or does not start. After several tries it will eventually work.

ReplyQuote
(@yurkshirelad)

I've never used the "safely remove" menu for microcontrollers, that's primarily for devices like USB sticks that need to flush any cached files to their filesystem before you remove them. I just unplug the microcontroller and plug it back in whenever.

This is a silly question, but I've done this myself; do you have a serial monitor open or another arduino IDE window open?

This post was modified 2 years ago by YurkshireLad

Inst-Tech reacted
ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)

@sj_h1 Ok. I have had that problem a lot as well and discovered that setting the baud rate in the code of the serial port and the serial monitor setting to the same always fixes it. Let us know what is causing your problem so we can learn.

Hardware - Expert in 1401, and 360, fairly knowledge in PC plus numerous MPU's and MCU's
Major Languages - Machine language, 360 Macro Assembler, Intel Assembler, PL/I and PL1, Pascal, Basic, C plus numerous job control and scripting languages.
Sure you can learn to be a programmer, it will take the same amount of time for me to learn to be a Doctor.

ReplyQuote
wrhastings
(@wrhastings)

Before I install the Arduino 2.0 RC, I wanted to know if it supports virtual folders for configuration files. I use version 1.x on several machines and keep my configuration files synced in a Dropbox folder. I’d like to switch to using iCloud Drive, on my Macs, to store and sync my configuration files, but it is a virtual drive making it impossible to create a destination path in the Arduino 1.x preferences.

ReplyQuote
 Biny
(@binaryrhyme)

I keep my sketches and libs in a sync'd onedrive folder on win 10, but can't comment on Mac.

I edit my posts to fix typos, correct grammar, or improve clarity. On-screen keyboards are evil.

ReplyQuote
Petmanalex
(@petmanalex)

@inst-tech My board connected via a switchable usb extension. When I have a "No Connection" problem I just switch  that socket  off then on. Usually works with no other repercussions.  Same as unplugging really but lot easier/quicker, less  mechanical damage to plugs/sockets. 

Inst-Tech reacted
ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)

@wrhastings I am also a Mac user. I see no reason why you can't create a folder in iCloud Drive then use that folder. I have to go out but will try when I get back

ReplyQuote
wrhastings
(@wrhastings)

@zander The problem is that there is no physical path to "iCloud Drive"

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)

@wrhastings If you do NOT have your Documents and Desktop in the cloud then I don't see a way (I was sure there was). I don't use that feature since I live a lot off grid so can't rely on internet access (although I am sure there was a local copy)

If you do have documents ticked then just put it there.

BTW, what configuration files are you talking about, I am not aware of any.

Screen Shot 2022 03 16 at 10.12.34
Screen Shot 2022 03 16 at 10.08.50

ReplyQuote
wrhastings
(@wrhastings)

@zander No, that wasn't checked. I checked it, and all of my Documents and Desktop files were moved to iCloud Drive. That's not what I wanted! I only want to put shareable files in iCloud, not all documents. I've turned the feature off and now am waiting for everything to resync.

The configuration files I'm talking about are libraries, sketches, examples, etc. Everything that lives in the Arduino folder.

Inst-Tech reacted
ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)

@wrhastings Ok, I have never heard those referred to as configuration, but now I know what you mean. In order to do what you want you must put those files in the documents folder and tick the iClud box like you just did then undid. Once they are in the cloud, you still have a local copy but IIRC you have to unhide the folder by "Shift Command ." (period)

If it were not for the fact that I am a full time RVer and often have no internet service I would use iCloud but since I need full backup, I use Backblaze and arbitrarily chose to not use iDrive.

Inst-Tech reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3