72 Posts
21 Users
40 Likes
11.5 K Views
(@dronebot-workshop)
Workshop Guru Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @theoutlander

ABRA , where I got mine had "a pile" of them!

After I read your first post about getting them at Abra I made that pile a bit smaller!  Pretty pricy when you factor in the 16 dollars shipping, but I'm glad to have them.

I suspect that in a few months they will be available everywhere for a reasonable price.

😎

Bill

"Never trust a computer you can’t throw out a window." — Steve Wozniak

TheOutlander reacted
ReplyQuote
(@sj_h1)

@sean451 Yep, and I would! 😊 

Sean451 reacted
ReplyQuote
TheOutlander
(@theoutlander)

Posted by: @dronebot-workshop

ABRA , where I got mine had "a pile" of them!

After I read your first post about getting them at Abra I made that pile a bit smaller!  Pretty pricy when you factor in the 16 dollars shipping, but I'm glad to have them.

I suspect that in a few months they will be available everywhere for a reasonable price.

😎

Bill

I wanted an outing so I actually went to the store to pick them up, in the snowstorm,  a couple of weeks back! Always an adventure!

"Hardware eventually fails. Software eventually works." - Michael Hartung

ReplyQuote
(@euticus)

I bought 25 of them for $99.00.  They actually sent me 26.  I guess I got in under the wire.  My plan was to keep a couple and resell the rest on ebay.  Might as well pay me as someone in China. 😀 😀 

ReplyQuote
(@dronebot-workshop)
Workshop Guru Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @euticus

I bought 25 of them for $99.00.  They actually sent me 26.

Why not hook them all together and see what you can do with 676 GPIO ports at your disposal?

🤗 😎 

Bill

"Never trust a computer you can’t throw out a window." — Steve Wozniak

ReplyQuote
(@underwood-41)

Firstly some related info others might be interested in :

The printed edition of  "Get started with Micropython on Raspberry Pi Pico" published by Raspberry Pi Press has been recalled here in the UK due to mistakes in the coding and a new version will be sent to me from "ThePiHut" with no need to return the original.

A technical query :

Why do Adafruit state "You get a total of 25 GPIO pins (technically there are 26 but IO #15 has a special purpose and should not be used by projects)"

ReplyQuote
LarryTubbs
(@larrytubbs)

I’ve used GPIO 15 on the Pi Pico without issue. I don’t see anything in the data sheet about it being special. The extra GPIO that I know of is the onboard LED. It has no paired external PIN. I believe it is GPIO 25. This looks like a typo to me. Given the pins start counting at zero, they must be referring to this pin, it is the 26th.

ReplyQuote
(@jfabernathy)

Posted by: @larrytubbs

I’ve used GPIO 15 on the Pi Pico without issue. I don’t see anything in the data sheet about it being special. The extra GPIO that I know of is the onboard LED. It has no paired external PIN. I believe it is GPIO 25. This looks like a typo to me. Given the pins start counting at zero, they must be referring to this pin, it is the 26th.

I put a question in the Adafruit forum.  We'll see what I get back.

If your code won't compile, have another glass of bourbon. Eventual the problem will be solved.

ReplyQuote
TheOutlander
(@theoutlander)

I've never soldered header pins onto a PCB....wish me luck. Maybe I should have asked the supplier for some DOA Pico's to train on 🤔 

ReplyQuote
codecage
(@codecage)
Member Admin

@theoutlander

You should read the last two posts I made to @sumanta on the "Soldering Station for beginners" topic.

You might enjoy or even find beneficial.  😎 

SteveG

TheOutlander reacted
ReplyQuote
TheOutlander
(@theoutlander)

@codecage I was just reading that! I bought new tips which improved things dramatically - I obviously have a maintenance issue. 

ReplyQuote
codecage
(@codecage)
Member Admin

@theoutlander

That's what that sponge or cleaning braid is for, use it often. 😎 

SteveG

TheOutlander reacted
ReplyQuote
Sean451
(@sean451)

I've never soldered header pins onto a PCB....wish me luck. Maybe I should have asked the supplier for some DOA Pico's to train on 🤔 

That's called "Trial by Fire." Literally!

Good luck, my friend.

--->Sean

(◕(' 人 ') ◕)

TheOutlander reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jfabernathy)

Posted by: @jfabernathy
Posted by: @larrytubbs

I put a question in the Adafruit forum.  We'll see what I get back.

It appears that the pin issue is related to beta releases of CircuitPython.  For details see: 

https://learn.adafruit.com/getting-started-with-raspberry-pi-pico-circuitpython/faq-and-troubleshooting#should-i-use-pin-gp15-3082470-3

If your code won't compile, have another glass of bourbon. Eventual the problem will be solved.

LarryTubbs reacted
ReplyQuote
codecage
(@codecage)
Member Admin

Anyone having issues getting to the video?  At 1:40 PM EDT I can't seem to get it.  Other YouTube videos seem fine.

Edit:  Well when I came back a little later it was fine.  Computers...  Only the Shadow knows!

SteveG

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 5