Notifications
Clear all

HuskyLens - AI Machine Vision Sensor

28 Posts
12 Users
25 Likes
 Biny
(@binaryrhyme)

I was re-watching this vid today to see if it could be used to actually send the video stream off, in addition to the control functionality (think smart security cam), and I think... not. Could be the control to trigger recording events, but not the recorder itself. Did I miss something?

I edit my posts to fix typos, correct grammar, or improve clarity. On-screen keyboards are evil.

ReplyQuote
Inst-Tech
(@inst-tech)

@oracid, Thank you for the response..Your code looks great!  I know your having a lot of fun with this little AI camera, and I can't wait until I can get everything working.. So far, I found my problem with not being able to load the HuskyLens uploader_v.2. It was a security problem with my PCMatic Supershield virus protection not allowing it to run. Fixed it and loaded the new firmware Ver: 0.5.1anorm, Today I'll get to play with it later, as I have to take the wife grocery shopping and we have a lunch date...lol

Oh BTW, don't worry about your poor English.. my French is worse! lol

Good luck on your future projects and be safe!

kind regards,

LouisR

LouisR

Oracid reacted
ReplyQuote
Oracid
(@oracid)

Hi everybody.

I made a quadruped line follower with my Huskylens. Hope you like it.

ReplyQuote
robotBuilder
(@robotbuilder)

@oracid 

Moved on from your Mini Tank version.

Good luck at the Toulouse Robot Race.

Oracid reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bldrgy)

I have purchased a Husky Lens and would like to integrate it into a SCARA robot I made. I found the plans from another website and printed it on a 3d printer. I used the code they provided with an interface. 

I am not proficient at code, so my question is how do I code the robot to do a pick and place with a recognized object. Should I use the sample Huskylens code and try to work from that? It’s a little beyond my knowledge right now so any advice is welcomed. 

I have have watched Bill’s video and understand I will need to pull the coordinates from the from the serial monitor. Knowing how to code that and use them is another thing. The item picked will most likely be moving slowly down a conveyor belt. So where should the camera mount, on the robot or stationary above the conveyor. 

Help or suggestions greatly appreciated. 

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)
Father of a miniature Wookie

@bldrgy Start with the Husky sample code and then move that into your existing code as a self contained module and only expose the data your current code needs.

First computer 1959. Retired from my own computer company 2004.
Hardware - Expert in 1401, and 360, fairly knowledge in PC plus numerous MPU's and MCU's
Major Languages - Machine language, 360 Macro Assembler, Intel Assembler, PL/I and PL1, Pascal, Basic, C plus numerous job control and scripting languages.
Sure you can learn to be a programmer, it will take the same amount of time for me to learn to be a Doctor.

ReplyQuote
robotBuilder
(@robotbuilder)

@bldrgy 

What are the type items?

Depending on the items the camera would probably be best above the conveyor belt or looking sideways at the items on the conveyor belt.

ReplyQuote
(@bldrgy)

@robotbuilder Thanks! That was my thought too. It’s just an L shaped bracket. 

ReplyQuote
Oracid
(@oracid)

Posted by: @bldrgy

Help or suggestions greatly appreciated. 

Hi. I answered in your thread.

ReplyQuote
Oracid
(@oracid)

Here is the video of the second test I did at 9 p.m. to avoid sun glare.

New are the long neck and the slippers.

ReplyQuote
Oracid
(@oracid)

Here is a new video where you can see my quadruped with an HuskyLens at the Toulouse Robot Race in France.

DaveE and Dazza reacted
ReplyQuote
Dazza
(@dazza)

@oracid WOW

Well Done!

I'm really impressed with its speed and the ability to capture the lines while vibrating 

This One, a long time I have I watched. All this life has he looked away to future, to the horizon. Never his Mind on where he was! what he was doing!
Yoda

Oracid reacted
ReplyQuote
Lee G
(@lee-g)

@oracid 

Impressive!!  Great job.

Lee

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2