GPS Modules with Arduino and Raspberry Pi

65 Posts
18 Users
3 Likes
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)
Famed Member

@will I have 10 of them, I will gladly mail you one of them if you want a free one. Just message me an address.

"Don't tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results.” - G.S. Patton, Gen. USA
"Never wrestle with a pig....the pig loves it and you end up covered in mud..." anon

Will reacted
ReplyQuote
Will
 Will
(@will)
Noble Member

@ronalex4203 

Thanks, but I ordered the 220 and 880 BeiTian modules from Amazon and they're supposed to be delivered tomorrow.

But I appreciate the offer, thanks.

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

ReplyQuote
Andre
(@andre)

Hi folks

Please could I have some advice regarding what people have found to be the best priced RTK GPS components to use with a Pixhawk flight controller. There is information on the Ardupilot website but the recommended GPS (UBlox GPS + Compass module) does not appear to be RTK compatible. I am leaning towards a GPS built on the Ublox M8P device but what I have found them to be quite expensive. I think the Sparkfun GPS-RTK Board - Neo-M8P-2 is one of the least expensive and I will need two of them. Any info or advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

ReplyQuote
Fastrunner08
(@fastrunner08)

@dronebot-workshop I'm looking forward to any additional reading/videos on the RTK set up!   I have also been looking at the sparkfun version out there.  It seems you would need to buy two of their boards to make a complete set up?  

I'm hoping to make a "poor mans" guidance system for my tractor I use to spray my fields.  I have looked into buying an existing agricultural set up but they are 5k plus, and since we only farm about 100 acres, it isn't feasible for us to buy a of the shelf one, so cue up some engineering skills and a good micro controller!

Inst-Tech reacted
ReplyQuote
Ezward
(@ezward)

Loved the video.  I've been recently working on RTK GPS for a RaspberryPi rover without a base station using the Sparkfun F9P SMA board.  I ran into a couple of issues which eventually led to enabling a hardware UART on the 40 pin bus.  See here; https://github.com/tomojitakasu/RTKLIB/issues/659

ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 5