Notifications
Clear all

Arduino IoT Cloud 2021 - Getting Started with Arduino & ESP32

48 Posts
14 Users
10 Likes
(@bubbab)

Hi

I have a general question about the Arduino IoT Cloud.  Is it possible to send an alarm to Alexa that can be used to trigger an Alexa Routine ?   Just like the Ring door bell does for instance ?   I want to make a solar powered PIR detector for outside and if this facility exists then the Arduino IoT Cloud would be a great way to implements it.

ReplyQuote
byron
(@byron)
No Title

@bubbab

I was doing a little research on using alexa for a project of mine, though it was more in the way of some idle musing and I probably wont get to implementing anything for some while if at all.  However one the links I bookmarked for this is the following which may be the sort of info you are looking for.

https://blog.arduino.cc/2019/11/12/create-a-voice-controlled-device-with-alexa-and-arduino-iot-cloud-in-7-minutes/

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)
Father of a miniature Wookie

@bubbab Yes, Arduino IoT cloud supports Alexa. I am using it in my app right now.

First computer 1959. Retired from my own computer company 2004.
Hardware - Expert in 1401, and 360, fairly knowledge in PC plus numerous MPU's and MCU's
Major Languages - Machine language, 360 Macro Assembler, Intel Assembler, PL/I and PL1, Pascal, Basic, C plus numerous job control and scripting languages.
Sure you can learn to be a programmer, it will take the same amount of time for me to learn to be a Doctor.

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 4