ReplyQuote
(@owendale)

@codecage

ReplyQuote
(@owendale)

@codecage

ReplyQuote
(@owendale)

I have received message (downloaded successfully). I also see every thing you mentioned. What do I do now?

ReplyQuote
codecage
(@codecage)
Member Admin

@owendale

Not sure what the blank posts are all about, but I'm afraid that if you can't provide any more details than what you are providing I don't think I'll be able to help you.  Just saying "it's not working, what do I do now?" gives me no direction as to what to recommend to you.

1. Can you log onto the Arduino IoT Cloud?  (See a snip of mine below)
  2. Can you "Add" your device?
  3. What device are you trying to add?
  4. Can you "Create a Thing"
  5. If so, can you add variables and assign to a device.

If you can do these things then we are making progress!

This is my IoT page showing the menu items across the top:

ArduinoIoTCloud

This showing the device I have added (I used the name suggested for my first test device):

ArduinoIoTCloudDevices

And this showing my first dashboard:

ArduinoIoTCloudDashboard

Maybe this is overkill for you, but if you could supply even a screen shot or two it might be better.

SteveG

SteveG

ReplyQuote
Myron
(@myron)

Very good show. I have used similar hosted pages to post my data to, but found after a year or 2 the site would change or want me to pay.  I found it difficult with over 20 arduinos. So for a while I hosted my own webserver with OpenHab and Grafana. This sorta worked but had many bugs and places where it should work but doesn't.  I ended up using, for about 5 years now a commercial software called Splunk.  It is free forever, and is specifically designed to gather data and produce reports.

ReplyQuote
(@owendale)

Everything was working fine now until I got to (add a device). It does not recognize any device I try to add.

ReplyQuote
(@dronebot-workshop)
Workshop Guru Admin
Topic starter  

@owendale We are really going to need a bit more info to help you resolve this, could you answer a few questions please:

1. What board(s) have you tried?
  2. Do these boards work with the desktop version of the Arduino IDE?
  3. Have you tried a different USB port?
  4. Can you possibly try a different computer?
  5. What other troubleshooting steps have you tried?

Number 3 just happened to me this morning with the desktop IDE, ruined one of my video shots!  Had an Arduino Mega that I set up on my development workstation and got working. Went to film the demo on my workshop workstation and the data was all garbled, and the serial port kept "disappearing". Just tried it a few moments ago on a different USB port, and it works perfectly.  Yet the original USB port works perfectly with an Arduino Uno!

My point is, there are a lot of factors that can cause something simple not to work, and you need to eliminate them as part of the troubleshooting process.

If you can get back to us with these questions answered, we can assist you better. Otherwise, you're really not supplying any information except "it doesn't work", which is kind of like calling up your doctor and saying "I don't feel well" - not enough information to diagnose the problem either way!

😎

Bill

"Never trust a computer you can’t throw out a window." — Steve Wozniak

codecage reacted
ReplyQuote
(@owendale)

I have tried nano,uno,mega2560,esp32.esp8622,espwroom-32. These all work on desktop version arduino IDE.

Tried different usb port, different computer. I don't know any other troubleshooting steps to try.

ReplyQuote
(@dronebot-workshop)
Workshop Guru Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @owendale

I have tried nano,uno,mega2560,esp32.esp8622,espwroom-32. These all work on desktop version arduino IDE.

Well, obviously some of those boards won't work, as they are not on the list of compatible boards. The ESP32 is, however. And when you say "Nano", which Nano are you speaking of? Only the Nano RP2040 Connect and Nano 33 IoT are supported.

When you go to add a device, do you get any messages about the Create Agent not being installed or ready?  Are there any entries in your Windows Event Log that might correspond to when you were trying to add a device?  

And you say you tried on a second computer, is that another Windows computer or is it Linux or macOS? 

I've never run it on Windows, as I do all my development work on Linux, so I can't speak from experience, unfortunately. If I get some time this week, I'll try it myself on one of my Windows computers and report back.

😎

Bill

codecage reacted
ReplyQuote
(@help-seeker)

Everything in this brilliant video works well. I can operate my dashboard well with my computer. But.... when I want to access my dashboard from my smartphone via create.arduino.cc/iot I see on my screen of my smartphone "screen size is not supported" How can I resize my browser?

ReplyQuote
(@dronebot-workshop)
Workshop Guru Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @help-seeker

when I want to access my dashboard from my smartphone via create.arduino.cc/iot

On the smartphone you are best using the Arduino IoT Remote App, it's in both the Apple App Store and on Google Play.

I don't believe that they intended the dashboard to be useable with a phone, although it might work with a large tablet.

😎

Bill

ReplyQuote
huckOhio
(@huckohio)

Posted by: @dronebot-workshop

When you go to add a device, do you get any messages about the Create Agent not being installed or ready?  Are there any entries in your Windows Event Log that might correspond to when you were trying to add a device?  

@dronebot-workshop

@help-seeker

My 2 cents.  The create agent tripped me up a couple of times.  If the agent isn't running you cannot connect/download from the cloud IDE.  I have one project using the Arduino Cloud where I've used both the ESP32-PICO-D4 and the NANO 33 IoT controllers (at different times).  I use the Arduino IoT Remote App on my iPhone to view the dashboard and make changes (turning items on or off).

ReplyQuote
(@help-seeker)

Thanks for your advice. I hadn't thought of using the app to access the dashboard. With the app everything works fine now

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 4