Using LCD Displays with Arduino

37 Posts
16 Users
3 Likes
codecage
(@codecage)
Member Admin

@etech_student

In the case of that library it is actually buried in the .h and .cpp files themselves.  Version 1.1 is wat I found in those files.  I have never used the library you point out, but the one that was originally used for the video Bill produced.  That library has been relocated to GitHub at:  New-LiquidCrystal Library

SteveG

ReplyQuote
etech_student
(@etech_student)

Thank you very much codecage.  I cleared my library of existing liquidCrystalI2c libraries and went to GitHub downloaded  the zip file, and lo and behold it worked. The LCD_liquidCrystal_demo  2018  now verifies

ReplyQuote
etech_student
(@etech_student)

I have reviewed the  original video "Using LCD Displays with Arduino" and in it Bill does say to use the NewLiquidCrystal library for I2C  from github.com  If I had done this in the first place I would not have had all this trouble. I do not know where the LiquidCrystal library that I had installed came from but it worked on other projects so I assumed it to be ok. I have an existing stop watch that uses the library it is fine as the program  does not contain  that "POSITIVE" command.

ReplyQuote
codecage
(@codecage)
Member Admin

@etech_student

Glad you got things working! 👍 

SteveG

ReplyQuote
etech_student
(@etech_student)

I was determined to succeed after devoting so much time to it, but I still do not know exactly what the "POSITIVE" command does. The same command also appears in the Temperature & Humidity Gauge sketch.

ReplyQuote
codecage
(@codecage)
Member Admin

@etech_student

If I remember correctly it controls whether the back light is on or not.

SteveG

ReplyQuote
Bluetooth
(@bluetooth)

I am totally new to arduino and C actually. I am in the progress of collecting basic hardware to begin experimenting. I am currently trying to connect an LCD 19264 to an I2C expander I found on ali. 

I ran into some problems, so I will post the spec here to see if you guys have any suggestions. I did solder everything together without taking any closer look. I can see now there are some differences in the boards..

MCP23017 IIC I2C SPI Serial Module 128*64 LCD 1602/2004/12864 1602LCD MCP23017 Adapter Board Contrast Adjustment for Arduino|Instrument Parts & Accessories| - AliExpress

RHECCOW 5v 19264 192*64 Graphic Matrix LCD LCM Module Blue Backlight White character 130*65|matrix lcd|lcd charactergraphic lcd module - AliExpress

Thanks 🙂

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3